Physicians for a Healthy California (PHC) is dedicated to improving community health, growing a diverse physician workforce and promoting health equity.
2018 NEPO Summit
Physicians for a Healthy California is proud to bring you the 2018 Network of Ethnic Physician Organizations (NEPO) Summit on September 13-15 in Pasadena, California.
The NEPO Summit is a unique and exciting educational event for physicians, medical students, public health professionals, and community leaders.
This year's theme, Building the Best You: Celebrating the Joy of Medicine, will address issues of physician burnout and provide solutions to create a culture of wellness and physician well-being.
Featured topics and speakers include:
- Sleep medicine for physicians and patients: Raj Dasgupta, M.D. (as seen on The Doctors)
- Providing care to undocumented immigrants: Lilia Cervantes, M.D.
- LGBTQ cultural competency: John Madrigal
- Advancing diversity and inclusion: Christine Santiago
- Improving diagnosis of dementia : Freddi Segal-Gidan, Ph.D.
- Medi-Cal funding and Prop 56: Jodi Black and Janus Norman
AWARE was initiated by Physicians For a Healthy California in 2000, as a long-term statewide effort to promote the appropriate use of antibiotics.
Physicians For a Healthy California works with the Network of Ethnic Physician Organizations to encourage conversations between physicians and patients about clinical trials.
Keep up with the latest about PHC and NEPO on our news page.
And subscribe to the newsletter today!
Donate today to help fund medical student grants and projects that promote health equity and public health.
SHOP WITH PURPOSE
Shop through PHC's Amazon Smile link and help support programs that improve your community health.