Mission Statement: Physicians for a Healthy California’s CalMedForce program is committed to growing a diverse physician workforce by supporting, incentivizing and expanding graduate medical education in California. Our goal is to grow and strengthen the physician pipeline to meet the demands of California’s growing patient population, with a focus on medically-underserved areas and populations.
2019-20 CalMedForce Grant Application Cycle
Application Opens – September 23, 2019
Application Closes- October 28, 2019
At the time of applying a residency program must meet the following criteria:
- Located in California
- Allopathic or Osteopathic
- Accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) Council on Postdoctoral Training
- Primary care (family medicine, internal medicine, obstetrics/gynecology, and/or pediatrics) or emergency medicine residency program
- Serve medically underserved populations and areas
All residency programs that meet the following criteria above are encouraged to apply. Residency programs that were awarded in the 2018-19 grant cycle are eligible to apply for the 2019-20 cycle.
Please visit our website frequently for CalMedForce updates or give us a call at (916) 551-2899. If you would like to be added to our distribution list, please email CalMedForce@phcdocs.org with “subscribe” in the subject line.
Program Oversight and Governance
PHC in partnership with UC developed the Advisory Council and Board to provide expertise and guidance regarding the Prop. 56 funded GME program. The Advisory Council is comprised of 15 organizational subject matter experts that are responsible for advising PHC and the Board on the following:
- drafting the application
- establishing grant eligibility criteria
- developing the scoring criteria
- supporting outreach efforts
- reviewing applications
- recommending funding
- developing administrative procedures
For more information about the past application cycle and grant recipients, visit the CalMedForce 2018-19 Application Cycle page.