Annual NEPO Summit
PHC hosts an annual NEPO Summit, which is an innovative educational event for physicians, public health professionals, advocates and community leaders that offers policy and best practices for reducing health disparities, building diversity in the workforce and increasing cultural competency in clinical care.
2020 SAVE THE DATE: August 28-29, 2020 at the Westin Pasadena in Pasadena, California
This year's theme is “creating equity and embracing diversity in California.” The compassion and commitment of California's health care professionals is worthy of recognition so we invite you to nominate extraordinary individuals and organizations for PHC's 2020 Leadership Awards. Presented during the Summit, the awards celebrate the efforts of those who make a difference in the health of Californians. Learn more and nominate here, and the submission deadline is July 28, 2020.
Registration, agenda and event logistics to be announced soon – bookmark this page for news and updates.
PHC launched the Network of Ethnic Physician Organizations (NEPO) in 2002 to identify strategies for building the capacity of ethnic physician organizations to reduce health disparities and improve access to health care for their communities.
- Support a network of ethnic physician leaders to serve as community health advocates throughout California
- Strengthen collaboration between ethnic physician and community-based organizations
- Deepen relationship between physicians and local leaders to improve the health of their communities
- Encourage ethnic physician leadership development at the local, regional and statewide levels
- Address issues of health disparities and access to care
- Increase workforce diversity and cultural competency of California's health care system
- Encourage and identify young ethnic physicians to become involved
- Encourage ethnic physicians to expand their roles in the local community
- Provide local stakeholders with the ethnic physician's perspective on community health issues