The Network of Ethnic Physician Organizations (NEPO) is a coalition of more than 40 ethnic physician organizations in California. NEPO began as a project of the California Medical Association Foundation (now Physicians for a Healthy California) in June 2002 at the first Ethnic Physician Organization Summit.
2018 NEPO Summit
Physicians For A Healthy California (PHC) held its annual Network of Ethnic Physician Organizations (NEPO) Summit on September 13-15 in Pasadena, California. The NEPO Summit welcomed physicians, community leaders, and public health professionals from across California.
The Summit program offered sessions on addressing health care in immigration detention centers, caring for the undocumented immigrant population, Medi-Cal funding from Prop 56, and advancing diversity and inclusion. Featured speakers included: California State Senator Holly Mitchell; Denver Health Professor Lilia Cervantes, M.D.; and Physician Activist Scott Allen, M.D. To view the presentations, please click here.
PHC was also proud to honor physicians for demonstrating outstanding leadership and work to improve community health. Congratulations to the 2018 Leadership Award Winners: Ethnic Physician Leadership - Randal Pham, M.D.; Adarsh S. Mahal, M.D. Access to Health Care & Disparities Award - David Goldschmid, M.D.; and Robert D. Sparks, M.D. Leadership Achievement Award - Satinder Swaroop, M.D.
To view the Summit photo gallery, visit on our Facebook page.
- Supporting a network of ethnic physician leaders to serve as community health advocates throughout California.
- Strengthening the collaboration between ethnic physician and community-based organizations.
- Deepening the relationship between physicians and community members to improve the health of their communities.
- Encouraging ethnic physician leadership development at the local, regional, and statewide level.
- Addressing the issues of health disparities and access to care.
- Increasing the workforce diversity and cultural competency of California's healthcare system.
- Encouraging and identify young ethnic physicians to become involved in ethnic physician organizations.
- Encouraging ethnic physicians to expand their roles in the local community beyond their role as clinicians.
- Providing the local community with the ethnic physician's perspective on community health issues.
Network of Ethnic Physician Organizations
1201 K Street, Suite 800
Sacramento, CA 95814