The Network of Ethnic Physician Organizations (NEPO) is a coalition of more than 40 ethnic physician organizations in California. NEPO began as a project of the California Medical Association Foundation (now Physicians for a Healthy California) in June 2002 at the first Ethnic Physician Organization Summit.
2019 NEPO Summit
Physicians For A Healthy California (PHC) will hold its annual Network of Ethnic Physician Organizations (NEPO) Summit on August 23-24 in Pasadena, California. The NEPO Summit welcomes physicians, community leaders, and public health professionals from across California. To register for the 2019 NEPO Summit, sign up here!
- Supporting a network of ethnic physician leaders to serve as community health advocates throughout California.
- Strengthening the collaboration between ethnic physician and community-based organizations.
- Deepening the relationship between physicians and community members to improve the health of their communities.
- Encouraging ethnic physician leadership development at the local, regional, and statewide level.
- Addressing the issues of health disparities and access to care.
- Increasing the workforce diversity and cultural competency of California's healthcare system.
- Encouraging and identify young ethnic physicians to become involved in ethnic physician organizations.
- Encouraging ethnic physicians to expand their roles in the local community beyond their role as clinicians.
- Providing the local community with the ethnic physician's perspective on community health issues.
Network of Ethnic Physician Organizations
1201 K Street, Suite 800
Sacramento, CA 95814